Microsoft’s Floor Laptop computer 3 is a superb laptop computer, however some folks lamented that it was solely accessible in an AMD configuration for the 15-inch mannequin. Fear not, for it appears the Floor Laptop computer 4 could enable you extra alternative between Workforce Pink or Workforce Blue.
The rumor comes courtesy of German website WinFuture, which has a superb monitor file with leaks. Primarily based on the report, it seems Microsoft would possibly supply a alternative between Intel and AMD for each sizes of the laptop computer. Beforehand, you can solely get an Intel Chip on the 15-inch mannequin by shopping for a particular ‘Floor Laptop computer 3 for Enterprise.’
Right here’s what else we be taught from the report:
- The laptop computer might be accessible in 13.5 and 15-inch sizes once more.
- Microsoft is sticking to the tried and trusted Floor Laptop computer design, so anticipate few visible adjustments.
- Will probably be accessible in Ryzen 5 (4680U) and Ryzen 7 (4980U) configurations, though they are going to be branded as soon as once more as ‘Floor Version’ chips with a number of tweaks.
- The AMD fashions will max out at 16GB of RAM and 512GB of storage.
- The Intel version will are available Core i5 (1145G7) and Core i7 (1185G7).
- The Intel configuration may even are available 32GB and 1TB configurations.
It’s price noting that whereas the unique model of the 15-inch Floor Laptop computer 3 was AMD-only, Microsoft did additionally supply a ‘Floor Laptop computer 3 for Enterprise’ with Intel chips. It seems Microsoft desires to make each variations available to customers, however we’ll should see precisely how these configurations play out come April.
As a lot as I dig the Floor Laptop computer’s design, it will be good to see a design refresh. It’s been practically unchanged because the 2017 mannequin — apart from the addition of all metallic and 15-inch fashions –and people bezels are fairly hefty by fashionable requirements.
After all, these are simply leaks, so take these particulars with a grain of salt. Nonetheless, it’s good to see that buyers have a bit extra alternative on their processor choices, for a change.
Do you know we now have a e-newsletter all about shopper tech? It’s known as Plugged In –
and you may subscribe to it proper right here.
Printed March 9, 2021 — 03:05 UTC